CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stuff


Today is one of those days that I am having a hard time getting my wits about me. Coffee..sugar..more coffee..more sugar..and nothing! I just can't seem to function, focus, or move. I've been thinking alot lately about all the stuff that belongs to me and my family and the fact that half of it is not really even needed. Although here I sit in the office with mounds...I mean MOUNDS of paperwork, receipts, dust, dirt and grime. Once again I feel weighed down by all this stuff. I'm thinking to myself.."Bad day to go through this. It will be here later if I just go lay on the couch til the kids get home from school. I can find something quick to do that will make it look like I was busy while they were gone."
So as I sit here amongst my stuff, I am listening to some inspirational music and pondering the correlation between all this ...did I mention MOUNDS OF STUFF...and thinking of how it gets in my way and my focus changes when I don't want to clean it out. Hmm...sometimes I don't want to clean out other things that need a serious cleaning. My heart, my thoughts, and all the other the stuff that comes between me and Him..
....... I just received a phone call that a dear little boy, whom I never had the pleasure of meeting, went home to meet Jesus this afternoon. Now that puts "my stuff" in perspective doesn't it?
Heavenly Father, Help me to focus on the big prize at the end of this journey. All you have blessed me here with is very temporary as Nathan's short life proves. Be with his loved ones Lord as they morn the loss of one very special boy. And help me to live each day as if it were my last. Amen


"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves so not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like you were having one of those days topped with very sad news. I feel so much better even when I just clean out a closet. Good luck with all of your stuff :)

Rebekah said...

Jen, thanks for your perspective on stuff. We must all be trying to focus on the same page because I was able to attack my "storage" room, throw away 3 huge bags of garbage and two loads to the salvation army. I need to keep working on the stuff process. I am also praying for all touched by Nathan going home to heaven.